Write What You’re Passionate About
Okay, guys, another quickie today! Very limited time on this Thursday just the way the work schedule has been and tomorrow, I promise you all a few good posts, hopefully my Deep State blog will be done by then!
Anyway, today I want to touch up a little on passion and its importance in your writing. We are all passionate about something, and writing is a great way to relay such a passion. We can all be great writers, and literally anything we’re passionate about can be written about.
For instance, you all now know my influences behind my upcoming fantasy trilogy, Lord of Columbia, and you also by now know of the amount of research I conduct regarding the Deep State and how it works, simply, as Jake Morphonios of Blackstone Intelligence says, by following the money.
And of course, my passion is to relay such findings to you while in some of my older articles on my archive page shows you how you too can pursue your passion and of course, write about it.
Let me tell you something, I’ve gained a large following over the past two-and-a-half months on my overall writer’s platform, so thank you all very much in advance. In just a few short months, I’ve gone from just having a little over 1,000 followers to 4,500 across my entire platform, an increase of 3,500 total.
Thank you all again.
But today, I want to show you all how exactly this came to be and how I got there.
1) Build a following around likeminded people. Don’t just connect with people but connect with others who are on the same mission as you. Do this each day. It doesn’t take long. I like to set one half-hour aside to build my platform each day.
2) Post engaging content. On My Freedom Flame, I post about a few things, like pursuing and spreading your passion, and of course, about the Deep State and what I can dig up on them.
3) Be consistent with Tip 1 and Tip 2. Always strive for consistency, and I don’t mean just a few days a week. I’m talking each day, you need to be doing something to build your audience.
4) Use popular keywords and hashtags, also SEO. I’m in the process of getting some nice SEO and metadata tools for My Freedom Flame, but I’ve been using the first two keywords and hashtags religiously to build this thing.
5) Stay positive. Not every day is a hit. Sometimes, an entire week will be flat, but the goal is to remain positive in your approach and continue to trend upward. We’re going to have good and bad days, but if you stay positive, the good will eventually outlast the bad.
I’d like to thank everyone for tuning into my latest article. Please come back soon.